Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tenting It In Oregon

Since I've been back from Oregon, I've had camping fever. It was so fun! It's hard to believe that we fit three tents, four sleeping bags and mats, all of our food and cooking gear, and our clothes and pillows into my car. Rob was the master organizer and made it all happen. Here we are packing up to leave our campsite.


Burd was the master chef and kept us all well fed with his delicious homemade stew for dinner and pancakes and eggs for breakfast. That man can cook!



Our camp host came by with his puppies and we got acquainted. Aren't they soooo cute? You'll never believe how he got the white one. Just the day before he found out that it had been abandoned by the side of the road and he rescued it. Who would abandon such an adorable little pup?! His other little pup LOVES his new sibling!  

So here are Burd and Holls in their 2-person backpacking tent. They said they were very comfy it it. That's newlyweds for you. Wait a minute...in just a couple of weeks they will have their one year anniversary! It's cute that they still act like newlyweds.

Another pup! This little guy was in the camp next to us and came over to visit. He was so pretty, I couldn't help taking a snap!

Did I mention that Holls likes to snap away, too? Yes? You've heard that before? She is a photog, if I ever saw one! The guys were so patient with us cuz there were so many things that caught our eyes for photos everywhere we turned!

Oh yum! Cookin' up the pancakes!


You can just wonder about this until another post. :)

And here is our camp spot in the morning. Yeah, there are only two tents, cuz I didn't get the snap before Robster had packed his up.


Oh yum again! Thanks for the delish dinner and breakfast, Burd! You are the BEST! Camping was the best! Oregon was the best! Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

HollBurd said...

My favorite thing about the tents is that we ALL could have fit in yours, and instead we all brought our own tents! Also, I do have to say that Burd and mine camping gear took up a scant 10% of the trunk... Between you and Rob you filled the other 90%. Haha. By the way, we'll make you a deal... Come back to Oregon and we'll go camping with you again! How's that for a solution! Love it!