Yes, the time had come when the fur had to go, as it happens about twice a year with my long hair kitties, and Patch and Simba go in for their lion-style shave. The "salon" wanted us at 9:30 this morning. Patches was an easy catch, sitting on the stairs doing a little person watching (me). I scooped her up and plopped her into my car.
Simba, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found. Grrrrrrr. He must have had a sixth sense about what was about to go down. I dropped Patches off at the appointed time and came back to look for Simba again. Finally found him in the basement secluded inside a rolled-up foam pad (the kind you put on a bed for extra comfort). So away he went too. I quite liked that I outsmarted him in the end.
I really don't know what all the hiding is about, cuz when they come home they are so loving and happy with their nakedness. And they've been following me around ever since, begging for petting. It must feel pretty nice.
I, too, have a feeling of emptiness when we return, cuz my bank account is down 100 smackaroos. Ug.
So before the bows come off, I had to get some pics of my liony kitties for your viewing enjoyment.




2 comments:
Mom! How did you do that to their eyes? I love them! They are glowing! I love my little lions. I miss them too.
Also, I love the new look of your blog! SO cute!
Post a Comment