Friday, November 11, 2011

Georgia On My Mind on 11-11-11 at 11:11 pm!

Happy Birthday Asher!

I thought it would be fun to blog tonight on 11-11-11 and I might just post this at 11:11 pm! (If I can get it together, that is!)

I made my annual trek to Georgia to be with Asher on his birthday. He turned 5 on October 27th! There was so much fun in the air with the Halloween festivities going on at the same time. Lucky Asher had a field trip on his birthday to see the play Cinderella, along with several hundred other school-age kids. We took the school bus to get there. Then afterwards, we celebrated Asher's birthday at pre-school with bat cupcakes. It's amazing how a simple little plastic bat can entertain kids! Then it was out to the playground for some serious play!

The photos are a bit out of order, but you'll get the picture, I'm sure!

On the bus - love this little guy!

Waiting with his school-mates to go into the theater to see the play.








Asher's pre-school class. Such a cute bunch of kids!









Speaking of serious play, Little Man Asher is a dare-devil on his 3-wheeler! He speeds and he slides!

He was FLYING when I took this picture!


Oh, the birthday toys he got from his loved ones! This is one loved kid!






On Saturday, we went to a little town up north to a Farmer's Market. Becky had heard great things about it, but when we arrived, it turned out to be tiny, and I didn't get any snaps of it. But we did take away some YUMMY homemade cinnamon rolls, bread, and honey. It was fun. Anyway, this town is so cute. We came across the abandoned building above and I was captivated by it's old charm.


And there's my beautiful Bex!

We came across a random little lemonade stand as we were driving around and couldn't resist a little photo shoot.






Ok, so you know me. I took more pictures than I can post at one time, so there will be more - many more. Stay tuned! I had the best time in Georgia!

No comments: