Thursday, March 17, 2011

Taking It Up A Notch

Momentous day for me, and a lucky one too. Which is fitting because it's St. Paddy's. My lense was delivered a day early. Oh, how I love coming home to a brown box just waiting to be opened. And this was the piece that made my camera come alive! I've had the camera body since January. So yes, I've been very patient! Now I've officially made the switch from point-and-shoot to DSLR.


Rascal was actually my first photo subject. Fitting, because she always likes to be front and center. She's always in the right place at the right time. The flash went off when I took the shot (and I was hoping for natural light), but no matter. I told myself I'd blog it. (So much to learn about this camera.)


That is definitely a look of satisfaction, Rascal.

Rob wasn't nearly as willing, but I caught him anyway.



There's always a knitting project to photograph...



And another cat...


Oh, Simba. You ARE the lion king.

By then, I'd run out of natural light.

Hope you had a lucky St. Paddy's too!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So what's the new lens? I'm a Nikon user as well. Also, I couldn't quite tell what your camera body is either. Love your knitting as well!

CJ said...

Hi Nat!!!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you! About my camera...I bought my sister's D70 (she upgraded to a D7000!) and my first lens is a 50mm fixed 1.8. I'm really enjoying it. Hey, I have a knitting/crafting blog, too. It's http://sunflowerway.blogspot.com. I kind of went nuts with knitting last fall and I'm still obsessed. Ha ha!