Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Hna Holly Photos

Here are some more pictures from Holly! She says: we bought sweaters finally, and the other one is district meeting in alicante. i have long hair. and hermana grant was there :)



Highlights from this week's email from Holly:

Hey mom. SO the highlight of my life is that I was in Valencia yesterday and i was able to see Virginia, Nice and Alex, and all the wonderful members that I love and miss so much! it was such a weird feeling to be back. It felt like I was home, so I can´t imagine how much better it is going to feel to be home in my own home one day! Hace 2 days, i made 15 months in the mission. Can you believe it? 15 months! Oh man. Time is stopped, but at the same time going by too fast, does that make sense?

I walked into the capilla there in valencia and all the members were practicing a song in the relief society room and so i was like, well i can´t go in there right now cause i will cause a huge scene. well, alex came around the corner and shook my hand (i didn´t hardly recognize him) and then walked away. About 10 seconds later, Alex is at the head of a stampede of people running towards me and before i know it i am bombarded with hugs and kisses and i couldn´t hardly even breath! Nice gave me the biggest hug and told my companion, ¨Ella me salvó!¨ or in english, she is the one who saved me! I started crying, and she started crying and it was so much to take in all at once.

we contacted 259 people this week. I think that is a record in the mission for people contacted in 1 week by 2 missionaries. really. Normally we struggle to get 100. That´s how desperate we are for finding investigators!!!!

on sunday after the conference in valencia, we came home with our branch president and their family and we stopped in the country side and had a picnic together . it was so fun. it was a tortilla de patata sandwich. look up the recipe and see if you can make it. it´s sooooo good!

well, i love you. tell all happy thanksgiving. no feast this year. nobody had invited us. we´re such a little branch that i doubt anyone even thought of it. LOVE YOU LIKE I LOVE SPAIN!

2 comments:

diane lott said...

she is the best missionary ever, i can't wait to hug her again!

diane lott said...

i just sent her a package, hope she gets it!