Will Holly's call ever come? It's been 19 nerve-racking days since she submitted her papers. Three "mission call Wednesday's" have come and gone with no large envelope from President Gordon B. Hinckley in the mailbox.
We were so sure it would be here two days ago. In fact, I could hardly think that day as I drove home from work to check the mail. I got Holly on the phone as I walked (ran!) out to the mailbox. So confident that the big envelope would be there. It was incredulous that the only mail in the box was the usual junk. How could that be? How could the envelope not be there? It was our third Wednesday!
Yes, I am going through this, too, with Holly! How can I not be? I'm her mom! I feel like this is our call. Only I get to stay home and she get's to go. How will I stand 18 months a part from her? I'll miss my buddy so much.
1 comment:
I feel as if the whole family has recieved a mission call, it did take forever. We are all sooo happy for Holly to go to Spain. U GO Sister Thomas.
Post a Comment